Camp AUPE - August 27-September 1, 2017
AUG 27TH - SEPT 1ST
GOLDEYE CONFERENCE CENTRE
IN NORDEGG, AB
- Talk about unions and why they matter;
- Participate cooperatively, solve problems, and make decisions based on the principles of solidarity and mutual support;
- Develop the leadership abilities and inspiration required to take collective action on issues affecting young people and workers;
- Enjoy time outdoors, connect with the natural world, and use their imagination; and
- Make new friends and have fun!
WHO CAN GO?
Any AUPE member’s children between the ages of eleven and fourteen is eligible to apply to attend the camp. One boy and one girl from each of AUPE’s 33 locals will be chosen by completely random selection; every applicant has an equal chance of attending.
Your child must be born between Sept. 2, 2002 and Aug. 26, 2006 to be eligible to apply for Camp AUPE. The application deadline is May 1.
Selected applicants (and two back-up applicants per Local) will be notified by mail with a welcome package, and required to mail or e-mail back a registration package before the cancellation deadline. To complete registration, applicants must indicate they will attend the camp, sign waivers, and provide information including dietary restrictions, allergies, medical and health issues, emergency contact, authorized adult for pick-up, and other information as requested. Failure to communicate with AUPE’s Education Department by the cancellation deadline will result in the applicant losing their invitation.
Camp AUPE poster
Posted on Tue, April 18, 2017
by Terry Nicholson-Knudson